Abortion Pill Information Oklahoma
# 1 Source for Abortion Information in Oklahoma
Abortion Pill Information in Oklahoma. If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy and considering at-home abortion in Oklahoma, you may be looking for more information on buying abortion pills online or self-induced abortion methods. We provide a free consultation before you take the abortion pill in OKC, Edmond, Tulsa, Shawnee and Ardmore, Oklahoma.
Medical Abortion (Abortion Pill)
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy Mifeprex, or the generic version (mifepristone) on the Internet because it bypasses safeguards.2,3
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:4
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- Have a concern that the pregnancy is outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy and can be life-threatening. Learn about the risk factors and signs of an ectopic pregnancy.5
- Are further along in your pregnancy than 10 weeks. The FDA has only approved the abortion pill for up to 10 weeks from the LMP. Taking the abortion pill later in pregnancy is associated with increased risk of complications, such as an incomplete abortion or severe bleeding.6
- Have certain medical problems including: bleeding disorders, severe liver or kidney disease, known cardiac disease, or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take certain medications including blood thinners or steroids.
- Are allergic to the medicines used.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options. Text 405-531-9011.
Abortion Pill Cost
The typical cost for the abortion pill ranges from $350-$700 but could be higher. Get the information you need before calling providers by finding out how far along in pregnancy you are with our free ultrasound services. Contact us to schedule an appointment near you.
Before taking the Abortion Pill in Oklahoma
Prior to taking abortion pills, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and it is vital that you see a medical provider who can prevent or diagnose complications.7
HAVE AN ULTRASOUND EXAM TO DATE PREGNANCY
Knowing your menstrual cycle dates can help, but having an ultrasound is the most certain way to get exact dates for your pregnancy.8
FIND OUT IF YOUR PREGNANCY IS VIABLE
Among pregnancies that are identified, about 15% end naturally in miscarriage.9
Natural miscarriages are frequently completed without the need for medical intervention. Find out for sure before going through a costly procedure. Get an ultrasound exam.
CAN YOU TAKE THE ABORTION PILL?
Before taking the abortion pill, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well. We can help you learn more about your pregnancy and if the abortion pill is an option for you. If you can’t have a medical abortion, or don’t prefer that method, a surgical procedure may be an option. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options. Text 405-531-9011 to learn more about our confidential services.
Is abortion legal in Oklahoma?
Can I get in trouble if I seek an abortion?
If you would like to request a confidential appointment online, please fill out this form.
Your Next Step
Have Questions? Please call any of our 7 locations.
Services Disclaimer: Hope Pregnancy Center does not provide abortion services or referrals for abortions.