A Safe Place
to Explore Your Options
Pregnancy Verification & Ultrasound
What to Expect
An ultrasound is a simple and painless procedure that determines:
- Approximately how long you have been pregnant
- If your pregnancy is safely located in your uterus
- If the pregnancy is viable
In more detail, an ultrasound uses sound to show pictures of your pregnancy to you and the nurse. We spread a clear jelly on your stomach, then use a special ultrasound microphone to “listen” to your pregnancy. Unlike an X-ray, the microphone does not use radiation, making it safe for both you and your developing pregnancy.
Why Do I Need an Ultrasound?
An OB Ultrasound can determine:
- The approximate age of your pregnancy.
- If the fetus have a heartbeat.
- How developed is the fetus.
- If your pregnancy is capable of developing under normal conditions.
- If your pregnancy is a potentially life-threatening tubal pregnancy.
If you would like to get a free limited ultrasound at our center, your first step is to schedule a free pregnancy test at our center. Once we determine you have a positive pregnancy test, we will help you schedule an ultrasound appointment at a time that is convenient for you.
Note: The purpose of the ultrasound exam is not for identifying the gender (sex) of the baby.
Services Disclaimer: Hope Pregnancy Center does not provide abortion services or referrals for abortions.